Friday, May 19, 2006

I need to get more sleep.......

So a couple funny things have happened or been said and I keep thinking “wow…that is going to be soooo funny for the blog.”

By the time I get to “blogging” I have forgotten what the hell was so funny.

Which brings me to two conclusions, 1) apparently the side affect of being the wonderful is total memory loss and 2) I have turned into a giant dork b/c when funny things happen I think about writing it down on a blog.

So for your enjoyment, random things happening in my life/mind:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kate and I went to a roof top Cubbies games yesterday. It was a LOT of fun….good food, fun view, etc. The only problem was there was some creepies there. They were three old guys (like our dad’s age) hitting on us. CREEEEEPPPYYY. Did they not realize we were young enough to be their daughters?

I can’t talk about this anymore….I’ll want to shower again. ICK ICK ICK.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
At the game, Kate and I were talking about random things and one of the topics was of someone we know.

Kate: “I remember him being scrawny/skinny.”
Me: “Nope….there’s something under there, and it’s not fat.”

Kate starts laughing and laughing. I DID NOT MEAN THAT!!! Kate is a pervert. I did NOT mean that. I meant he’s been working out……she’s a sicko…I don’t know if I can associate with people like that. After all, I am a good catholic girl.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I’ve gotten some pretty interesting responses to my wedding date entry. I would like to thank everybody who has offered to be my date.

You all are so sweet. Really, but it looks like my “hetro-girl date” to Nicole’s wedding is going to be Nicole’s Cousin Kelly. She’s a loyal blog reader and is obviously on some sort of mind altering drugs b/c not only does she find me funny but she actually is looking forward to meeting me.

I’m a little nervous about this whole situation. I mean what if I don’t live up to standards?
Kinda of like when your friends set you up with this “AMAZING Guy", and in walks the younger version of Danny DaVito.

Maybe I am not as cool and funny as Nicole and this blog have made me sound?? The anxiety is going to kill me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Apparently this is the current state of my love life


Did you ever notice that when you hit a certain age and your single people start to make it their mission to get you hitched?

No? OH WELL! You lucky bastard., b/c due to my friends getting married a lot of my cousins being married….some people are concerned about my status.

My aunts ask ALL THE TIME and my boss’s friend’s want to set me up with people they know.

My mom doesn’t want me to rush things, but she certainly has her opinions on who is a good catch.

My worst critic is a 6 yr old. She really wants me married off b/c she wants to be a flower girl. Amongst her points of why I must get married are the following:

~~She’s not getting any younger
~~I definitely am not getting any younger
~~“You’re already soooo old….”
~~She wants to wear a pretty dress
~~I need to have babies
~~Boys don’t want to marry old ladies

Does anyone else see a theme here?? I don’t know what’s worse….my crazy aunt telling me that all the good guys go fast or a 6 yr old telling me if I don’t do it now I’ll end up dieing alone! (ok she didn’t say that but the little know-it-all was hinting at that)

I don’t think these people have anything to worry about. We all know I’ll end up that crazy lady on the end of the block with the 20 cats and 15 dogs…..warning all the young people of the dangers of country music. (Normally they say rap music…..but we all know I am in touch with my gangster side)

Ok well…I’m done for now…maybe something funny will happen later today. If not, oh well……go entertain yourselves for a change and stop putting that pressure on me!!!!

No comments: