Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Guess Who's Out of the Will Again!!!

I had a great time back at State for graduation. As great as it was to see some of my favorite assholes and some people I haven’t seen in ages, it also marked the end to an era.

I know you’re asking, “What IS she talking about?”

Let me explain. For the past two years since graduation, anytime we wanted to go up for a football, hockey or basketball game alls we had to do was call up one of our little Sparties there and we had a place to crash.

For the past two years the usual suspects have been Dave and Kennice. Since Dave is looking to get a job out of state and Kennice just graduated……our couch crashing days are over.

Yes, it might actually be time to grow up and…..duh duh duuuuuuh….rent a hotel room!!!! (NOOOOOOOOOOOOO)

Scary isn’t it. I mean what’s next? Actually sitting in real seats at these events and NOT the student sections?

Just weird, but I guess this is all part of growing up. There’s a time in everyone’s life when they just need to forgo on buying their 10000000th MSU t-shirt and use those savings for a room at the Residence Inn.

Someone did offer to host Roommate and I next time we came up. I guess you could say he’s either a saint or someone who has no clue what he would be getting himself into.

B/c as our Saturday morning dance parties show: Roommate and I can be like two kids with ADD who are given 8,000 lbs of sugar and told to “Go at it!”


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In other news:

My dad’s cat well hell bent on not letting me sleep on Friday morning, it makes me miss the days where my father hated cats.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Moving onto current affairs:

Kayla called me at 3 a.m. Monday morning to tell me she smelled like horses.

Next time she’s finished working a 24 hour shift at the vet clinic, I am going to call her up as she is deep in sleep and tell her I smell like a John Grisham Novel.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Crazy Train Makes Another Stop:

My grandpa overheard me joking around about cutting all my hair off. (GI Jane Style) He then informed me that if I did that no decent man would marry me, and only lesbians do that.

“JOANIE! You’re not a lesbian are you.” – Grandpa

“Nooooo grandpa, I was only kidding.” – me

(now…if you’re a regular reader I bet you know what is coming next)

“B/c if you are a lesbian. You will be OUT OF THE WILL!”

“Oh yeah, the will. Hey will you give me $20.00 to dump my girlfriend?”

“YOU HAVE A GIRLFRIEND?”

“Jesus. Kidding grandpa.”

Luckily, he caught onto this one and we did not have to have the repeat of the previous out of the will moment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fashion News:

The following conversation occurred between my boss and me last Thursday:

“I am going to go and get coffee, what do you want?” - boss man

“I’ll have a medium, café latte with skim milk and two Splendas.” – me

~~blank stare~~

“Ok, I will write it down.” – me

Boss man goes and comes back with the coffees.

“I got the same thing. This is kind of a fru fru drink. I bet they thought I was GAY.”

“Eh, don’t worry. You don’t dress well enough to be gay.”

~~ Sometimes I wonder how I don’t get fired. Oh right, b/c then NOTHING would get done.

No comments: