Thursday, April 27, 2006

Is it a kid or a midget?

Roommate, Sarah, Katherine and I all went to the White Sox game last Sunday. It was a great game. Not only were there back to back homers TWICE, hot sox players, and good hotdogs….but sitting behind me was midget baseball guru.

Ok fin, he wasn’t really a midget so much as a 4 year old, but he was a guru. The kid knew EVERYTHING about the Chicago White Sox. I asked him who his favorite players were and he rattled off (perfectly) three very hard to pronounce and spell names. He also said when he was ONLY 3 he went to the World Series.

He was ADORABLE!!! The little guy even took it upon himself to teach Roommate and I some things about baseball and White Sox history. We would ask questions and get this “I can’t believe you don’t know this” look.

When things would happen throughout the game he would tap me on the shoulder (which I could barely feel) and let us know what just happened. After the 5th time his dad went to tell him to stop and the little guy responded: “but daaaaad, the Gurrlzzz need to know what’s going on. They’re my friends.” I let daaaaad know that the gurrlzzzz didn’t mind the help.

I’m still convinced he was a midget and not a four year old. He was really cute. Looked a lot like this kid (minus the sign langauge):

Everyone says this is my future kid. Whatever

that's such a lie. We all know my kid would be
in Spartan attire when he did this charming thing!

After relating the story to my mom she said I was a lot like that at 2, but I repeated everything I heard from my uncles. Which meant I was giving the football stats with the f word sporadically placed sentences.

Chris was like this at that age but with hockey. For his 22nd Birthday his mom sent down a video for us to play at his party. It showed 4 year old Chris in his Maple Leafs Jersey rattling off hockey scores, facts, stats, etc. Which was a lot like this Sox kid, but with hockey and a Canadian accent. EH?

Oh and apparently it’s a bad idea to ask a 4 yr old (possible midget) Sox fan if he likes the cubs too. The kid looked like I kicked him and then said (in a voice like he was being beaten) NOOOOOOOOOO! THE CUBS SUCK!

No comments: