Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Sammiches gooooooooood......

I was riding on the over cramped purple line yesterday on my way home from work. Being sammiched between one very tall attractive guy and a shorter attractive guy sounds like a lot of fun, but when your nose is about 2 millimeters away from their chest…its kinda of awkward. Thinking this couldn’t get anymore uncomfortable, my phone rings and I have to get into my pocket with my right hand (my right arm is being smashed by these two teenagers making out….yes…making out….on the crowded L!!!) Halfway through the MSU fight song (my ring tone) I finally answer the phone.

Me: “K?”
Kayla: “Yeah, hey…why are you whispering?”
M: “I’m on the L and don’t want to be loud, why are you whispering,”
K: “B/c you were….oh never mind.”

~the conversation isn’t to interesting from here on out. We talk about getting Red Wings and Pistons playoff tickets and such. Then we go onto how the weekend was and finally the gossip hits. As we get to this lovely topic I am walking off the L and down the stairs. I have previously mentioned (about 5 secs before) the name of the girl I was talking about.

M: “Yeah, and I don’t know. She’s kinda stuck up and a bitch and not the fun kind of bitch like you, me and roommate.”

~as I say this I notice that two people in front of me is Ken (named changed to protect me). Ken would be a really good friend of this girl’s roommate.

M: “No, Kayla! We’re not talking about June (again, protecting me) anymore. We left that topic about 5 minutes ago. I was talking about Chrissie.
K: “What are you talking about?”
M: “You said that you ran into Chrissie and I was commenting on her being a bitch.”
K: ”I don’t even know a Chrissie. What the HELL are you going on about?”
M: “You’re right, at least I don’t have to see her anymore.”
K: “Ok, can you fill me in on the conversation you and the voices are having?”
M: “So, do you guys want to come up for the Sox / Tigers game this summer?”
K: “Joanie?? Were you smoking crack again?”

~Finally, Ken turns down his street and I am no longer behind him. I have to explain to Kayla about what just happened and why I was acting all nutty.

Ok, this really serves me right. I should NOT be talking about these people and using actual names knowing that they or their friends live by.

I can just imagine the get together.

M: “Hey, June. Do you want a drink?”
J: “So you think I’m a bitch and stuck up.”
M: “WHAT? NO! Who told you that?”
J: “Ken did.”
M: “Please. Ken? You’re going to take his word over mine?”
~~blank stare
J: “Yes! I am not a bitch. You are just jealous b/c I look like I haven’t eaten in three weeks, have a boyfriend I control like a lap dog and am better then you in all ways. Now if you will excuse me….. I have to go tell my boyfriend not to eat that cocktail weenie.”

Ok the last comment was kind of harsh, but when someone wears a bathing suit and looks like a refuge from the Irish Potato Famine….something needs to be said. PLUS she is a bitch and stuck up, and really....I have no idea why.

1 comment:

Nic said...

Maybe cuz she's hungry? Maybe she needs a sammich, a real one. With ham and mayo.