Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Prison Orange Makes Me Look Ill

Last night I worked a college night at a local high school. I was there all spiffy and to give kids information on going to MSU.

The night went pretty smoothly. Its nice being there b/c I am a lot closer in age to these kids then the other reps from MSU are (I’m 24 and the closest one to my age is about 35.) It’s fun talking to different people and sharing with them why I loved State and everything State has to offer.

At one point in time I was talking to this girl, her twin brother and his best friend. We started with academics (the girl wanted teaching or human service…which I know A LOT about…the boys wanted engineering…so I was at a loss with them) but then got on the topic of sports. Cue the next 15 minutes lost to football and basketball talk, and how great watching sports at State is. I even had pictures with me of my friends and me in the IZZONE, at football games and in the slapshots. Those three left very excited.

So as I am packing up two guys came to the table and starting asking questions. One kid looked like he was about 13. The other looked about 25. He was about 6 feet tall, built, scruffy face and a real cutie. However, he was only 17 and a junior!!! This is how people get in trouble.

The conversation started off all normal and innocent enough, but then took and interesting turn.

Me: “Is there anything else I can help you guys with?”
25 yr old look alike: “How long have you been at state?”
Me: “Oh, I graduated two years ago.”
Other kid: “Really, you’re very young looking.”
M: “Um, thanks.”
25yola: “yeah, so do you live around here.”
M: “I live in Chicago. Its nice b/c there are a lot of State Alum in the city.”
25yola: “That’s nice. So are all the girls at MSU as pretty as you are?”
M: blushing a bit. “Um, any other COLLEGE related questions I can help you with?”
25yola: “Not right now, but can I have your phone number so I can call you when I do have some?”
Me: “You know, we have a website that can answer most of your questions. Anything outside you can email Ron over here with!”

25yola takes my hand to shake it and does that hold onto it with both hands thing, then he WINKS AT ME!

OK, was I just hit on by high school students???? B/c seriously, what were they thinking!!!! MAAAYYYBBBEE if I was still in college and BRAIN DEAD I would go out with a kid still in high school? He’s Nicole’s brother’s age!! It would be like dating Ross. (Whom I love…but not like that) ick…ick…ICK!!!

Earth to 25yola I was in 2nd grade when you were born. I was in the beginnings of puberty before you were potty trained!! I was driving before you learned that your real best friend was your right hand!!!

COME ON!!!! DO I look like Mary Kay Laturno??? NO!

Oh well, you’ve got to give the kid something, he sure does have some balls.

1 comment:

Nic said...

Hey Mrs. Robinson, looks like you have a new place to pick up guys for my wedding: high schools. boom chicka boom boom