Monday, April 10, 2006

Idiots.....Phone Home

Gwyneth Paltrow had her baby, and it’s a boy. Sadly she did not go with the names sauce or pie as Erica and I were hoping. No she went with Moses.

Me: “Gwyneth Paltrow had her baby, she named it Moses”
Erica: “Is she planning on floating this one down a river when she gets sick of it”
Me: “He would be handy in a flood.”

Ok, I realize that Moses isn’t as weird as naming your kid after produce, but what ever happened to naming kids Chris and Sarah?

Sometimes I think people try to hard to be cool when naming children. Jason Lee named his son Pilot Inspector. Yeah. I know.

Here’s my advice, you want to name your kid something stupid…..get a dog, name the dog Luffa Bell, and name your daughter Laura.

Roommate’s ex-boyfriend used to say he wanted to name his son Elliot. Now, on its own Elliot isn’t a bad name. However, around anyone alive during the E.T. era it spells disaster. Especially if roommate was the mother, b/c she would be making fun of the kid.

Roommate: (in E.T. voice) EEELLLLIIIOOOTTTT!!! (In normal voice) Dinner is ready.
Me: ELLLLIIIOOOTTTT, please pass the potatoes.
Elliot: do you two have to do that?
Roommate: do what? ELLLIIIIOOOOTTTT.

Sometimes I wonder what I will name my kids. I like Abby, Hanna and Haley for girls and Aidan, Ryan and Andrew for boys. However, if I were to name the children something “original” I would name the twins Law & Order and the other kid Potato.

In other news:

My mortgage contact at Country Wide Home Loans came by and brought us mugs filled with candy. I only got two (2) red starbursts. So I took all my other candy and all the other starburst colors,…..went to the three other desks in the office….dumped out their mugs…took all their red starbursts and left my reject candy.

It’s the little things in life that make me happy.

No comments: