Thursday, June 15, 2006

Little Parrot BIG World

Have you ever seen the TLC show, Little People Big World? Its about a family consisting of a little mom, little dad, three “normal” kids and one little kid. (This is me trying to avoid the word midget.)

It’s a very interesting show and not as funny as I had thought it would be.

The title of the show has kind of turned into a new lingo for my friends and I. Mostly when we are out and about and see really really short people (guys), we’ll look at one another and go “little people BIG world.”

So the other day Sarah calls me and tells me she was listening to a morning show and someone called in about their deaf midget parrot with hemorrhoids:

Me: “are you serious?”
Sarah: “Yeah, this women has a midget parrot that is deaf and has hemorrhoids.”
Me: laughing way too much. “wow.”
Sarah: “I know, little parrot BIG world!”

OK, so maybe that wasn’t as funny to you, but at 7:45 a.m. stuck in traffic on the IKE, it’s hysterical.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In case you were wondering, I can do an Irish Car Bomb in 3 seconds. Most people are amazed; Brett doesn’t understand how I am single.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Some friends and I aw X-Men II the other night and I was reminded of two things:

1) Boys, no matter how old, are immature perverts. Point in case, the two I was with. Apparently, it is still funny to try and throw popcorn down a girl’s shirt. Yes boys, these are boobs and they make my tank top poke out a little. No, it is not a holding place for your popcorn.

2) Children should only be taken to children type movies. Now I love kids, but when it is 9:00 at night and I am paying a lot of money to see an adult movie…..constant talking and having my chair kicked for 1 ½ hrs is NOT what I paid for.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As I walked up to my apartment Tuesday night at 11:59 p.m. the noise from the neighbors place was pretty loud. When I went o unlock the door their door busted open and some guys goes, “ABOUT DAMN TIME YOU GOT HERE!!!!!!”

Neighbor: “Dude, that’s our neighbor!”
Random drunk: “oh, hey!! Come on in and have a beer.”
Me: “Aw thanks, but I have to work tomorrow.”
RD: “Aww that sucks…we just graduated, so we’re drinking!”
Random Drunk #2: “GO STATE!!! GO GREEN!! GO WHITE!!!”
Me: “SPARTY ON!”
RD#2 “GO STATE!!! I love state!”
RD#1: “WHAT? We went to DePaul!!!
RD#2: “Yeah but they went to state!! GOOOOO STATE!”
RD#! “How do you know that?”
Neighbor: “They yell loudly at the TV during basketball season! Sorry, we’ll try to keep it down.”
Me: “nah, you just graduated. You’re not that loud, the base is…but I can sleep through anything.”

The neighbors are nice, but did get a tad loud throughout the night. Oh well, like I said I can sleep through anything.

Plus, the one drunk was a Spartan fan and had I not had to be at work the next day, I would have been right there with them.

1 comment:

Nic said...

Okay you're total randomness makes me crack up. love it